Raynors HCA 2017-02
This lot is closed for bidding. Bidding ended on 2/23/2017
These Morgan silver dollars, 1884, are uncirculated, each has the CC mint mark and housed in the original presentation box as sold by the US government in 1973. They have the government certificate and its original box. On Dec 31, 1970 President Nixon signed the Bank Holding company Act which included a provision authorizing the General Services Administration to sell the silver dollars. In 1971 the Treasury turned over the remaining silver dollars to the General Services Administration. They were stored at the Bullion Depository at West Point, New York. The GSA held five mail-bid sales of Carson City Mint dollars and two fixed price sales of general mixed dollars. They were encapsulated in hard plastic holders with a black background and packaged in a cardboard box as you described.
Click on a thumbnail above to display a larger image below
Hold down the mouse button and slide side to side to see more thumbnails(if available).
Click above for larger image.